Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the spine of time



time is a difficult element to deal with. sometimes a rigid structure, sometimes a blurry fog... where's the spine of time?

in the period I was living in philadelphia my time was structured around my creative work, creating art was the spine of my time. As I had a grant, I could wake up in the morning to work in my projects and be working all day, without the worries of finding money to pay the rent. That peace of mind, gave me also an availability to be with people in a different way. I had time to make friends, just TO BE. Here in Lisbon, my time has no structure right now, I haven't found work until today. So last days were lasy, just feeling lost, without being able to concentrate myself in any creative work... I was still moving some stuff to my new place, dealing with some practical things like going to the bank, insurence, and also to try to read, organize ideas but... Without any particular objectif besides the one of finding work, I found myself walking around the city, without any particular direction, sometimes it was nice, lisbon is a beautiful city.




I feel tired and I am sleeping a lot. I guess this city makes you like that... I know I have to find a new spine of time everyday, but sometimes it happens that I loose its track...

Tomorrow I'll start a new job, a short one, just 3 intense weeks working in a documentary. My time will be totally different from these last days. I will be working with a brasilian crew and we'll be shooting in Lisbon and other places around the city I really like, also places where I lived before or where I shot some of my films. Later we'll go to the north of Portugal for a week or two. I think that will be very nice, to travel in Portugal, in the countryside.

No comments: